III. Community Room Policy - 20110223.1(Revised 09/18/2013 and 8/19/2015)
To set policy for public use of the Madison Library District’s Community Room, hereafter referred to as “the room”. As a service to the community, the library makes the room available for use when it is not being used for library-related activities.
All persons requesting use of the room must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must request use of the room under a personal name.
- The reserving individual, hereafter referred to as “the individual,” who makes a reservation for a group becomes the contact person and agrees to assume responsibility for the group’s adherence to the rules established herein. This includes:
- payment of fees or damages to the facility or equipment which may occur as a result of the group’s use of the room.
- checking in and out of the room.
- Is responsible for reservation fees and any cleaning / damage fees.
- Photo ID is required for picking up keys / checking into the room.
- The individual making the reservation may not transfer the use of the room to another person without prior arrangements with the Library.
C. Library Rights
The library director reserves the right to refuse use of the room to any individual (Idaho Code 33-2067-2). Failure to abide by these rules may be justification for denying future use of the room. In order to maintain privacy, information regarding the room reservation can only be given to the individual who reserved the room.
- All Reservations:
- The room must be reserved in two-hour increments. The charge for each two-hour increment is $30.00 during regular library hours and $60 after regular library hours. If the two-hour reservation starts during regular library hours but ends after hours the room fee will be $15.00 for the hour during regular hours and $30.00 for the hour after regular hours, for a total of $45.00 total for that two-hour block. The room is not available in one-hour increments. If you need the room for three hours you must request four hours, etc.
- If the room has not been cleaned according to policy; the library reserves the right to bill the individual responsible for the cost of cleaning/damages.
- Damage to the room will be charged to the individual using the room at the time of occurrence.
- Failure to pay will result in the individual not being able to reserve the room in the future and the account being sent to the library’s collection agency.
- All individual fees must be paid within one week of reservation request confirmation or reservation will be canceled.
- Library activities get first priority.
- Applications must be filled out and submitted online at the library’s website: www.madisonlib.org. The request is not valid until a confirmation phone call from a librarian is received.
- The individual must pay the required fees within seven (7) days of confirmation; otherwise, the reservation will not be validated.
- The room can be scheduled up to one year in advance, with a maximum of twelve (12) uses in a calendar year (January to December).
- The room is available Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. until 12:00 midnight. The room is not available on Sunday.
- If your event has been cancelled, please notify the library as soon as possible. There will be no refunds if the library has not been notified of the cancellation at least 48 hours prior to the event.
- Same day reservations will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
F. Using the Room
- During regular library hours he individual responsible for the event must check in and out with library staff. Persons requesting the room will not be granted admittance to the room before the start of their reservation. Please allow adequate time in your reservation to include set up and clean-up time.
- For those using the room outside library hours, the individual in charge of the event is responsible to pick up the key at the library during library hours. Please do not call a library staff member at home to open the door, as the library staff is not responsible for unlocking the door.
- When a key is issued, said key is to be returned immediately following the event in the library book drop, along with the completed checklist that was given at the time of check in. Violation of this use will result in additional fees.
- Normal operation of the library is not to be disrupted by users of the room.
- Each individual is responsible for setting up the room and restoring it to its original condition after the event. See below for clean up instructions.
- Individuals are responsible for transporting, setting up, and operating their own equipment.
- The library is not responsible for any equipment or other accessory items left in the room. After 30 days the library will dispose of any items in a manner deemed appropriate by the library staff.
- Persons over 18 must be present in the room and assume responsibility for the children in their group.
- Children must not be left unattended in the library while caregivers attend events.
- The library is not responsible for damages or injuries to individuals or personal property due to negligent behavior.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The use of open flame including candles etc. is prohibited.
G. Capacity and Equipment
- The room is 45’x 40’ with a maximum occupancy of 146 people. Groups are not to exceed this number.
- Equipment and furniture must not be moved from the community room.
- Equipment available:
- 15 round 5’ tables which seat eight people each
- 8 rectangular 3’ x 8’ tables which seat eight to ten people each
- 120 black folding chairs and 20 green and black stacking chairs.
- Baby grand piano with bench
- Sound, DVD/BLU-Ray/CD player, and computer compatible presentation equipment – application to use this equipment must be made when reserving the room. Note: computer not provided.
- Refrigerator, microwave, range, sink and dish soap
- Garbage bags and cleaning supplies
- Vacuum cleaner, sweeper vacuum, mop, bucket, broom, and dustpan
- Food preparation must be done off-site. This is a “warming” kitchen only.
- No cups, plates, utensils, serving dishes, etc. are available.
- DO NOT leave any leftover food or beverage in the refrigerator or kitchen.
- Garbage is to be taken out to dumpster.
- The individual using the room is responsible for spills on carpet and damages incurred during use. The individual in charge of event will be responsible for putting the room back in proper order.
Permission to use the room does not in any way constitute an endorsement from the library.
J. Advertising and Signage
- All on-site advertising of an event must be pre-approved by library staff prior to placement (Idaho Code 18-7011).
- No on-site posters, signs, or promotional materials may be erected prior to event, unless the event is library sponsored or partnered. These must also be approved by library staff.
- All materials describing location must specify Madison Library Community Room and the sponsor(s) of the event.
- Failure to properly specify any and all sponsors for the event may result in additional fees and the loss of Community Room privileges.