We are hiring!
We are looking for a responsible individual who would love to join our staff. If you are interested, please bring a résumé to the Circulation Desk.
**MUST BE AVAILABLE Monday through Friday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm and rotating Saturdays**
Page Job Description:
* Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public
* Cooperates with and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team.
* Correctly shelves library materials.
* Locates requested items.
* Assists staff with checking materials for damage and removing them from the shelves.
* Adheres to library policies and procedures.
* Performs any other tasks as requested.
* Computer skills, including word processing and Excel
* Phone and money handling experience.
* Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
* Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
* Stand for a long periods of time.
* Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
15-19 hours per week. No benefits. Open until filled.
The Madison Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.