VI. Public Internet Computer Use Policy - 20091021.3(revised July 2012; December 2015; September 12, 2017)
The public computers are made available to patrons of the library for accessing the internet, sending and receiving email, word processing and other appropriate uses. Guests at the library may request a guest computer pass. Users must agree to this computer use policy each time they use the library’s computers.
B. Computer User Responsibilities
The computer user, whether a patron or a guest, agrees to the following:
- to comply with the Internet Safety Policy of the library;
- to not access or attempt to access sexually explicit internet sites and to immediately report any accidental access of sexually explicit sites;
- to limit computer use to purposes that are legal in the State of Idaho and the United States and to respect and protect the privacy of all persons, companies, and organizations and to obey all copyright laws;
- to accept responsibility for all damages arising from the use of the computers, including protecting the computers from viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful or damaging programs, by downloading only to a removable storage device (diskette, jump drive, etc.);
- to not change any settings or configurations on the library computers nor to disable any software;
- to have no more than two persons at a computer;
- to reimburse the library for each printed page at the advertised rate;
- to limit computer use to one hour total time in any one day; extensions may be requested but will be granted depending upon computer availability;
- to use only the user’s own valid Library card number which is free of fines or provide a photo identification in lieu of card, to access the computers;
- to provide a photo identification to obtain a guess pass; and
- that violation of this agreement may result in loss of computer privileges for one year and that a second offense will result in permanent loss of internet computer privileges.
C. Parental Permission for Minors
Parental permission is required for all minors (under 18 years of age) using the computers with Internet access.
D. Filtered Computers
The Library’s computers are filtered, but the Library makes no guarantees, implied or otherwise, that inappropriate sites cannot be accessed.