For Those Ages 19 and Older
We have a variety of regular events that happen every month. We also host contests, parties and other special activities throughout the year. Scroll down for more resources just for our adult patrons.
Most Events Live!
Crafting Still Online
For the foreseeable future, to accommodate social distancing rules, our crafting events will be held online. You may pick up Take n’ Go kits of crafting supplies, and the how-to videos are on our YouTube channel.
Our Madison Library YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNNivDJ_0aeQsKNbqRFrkA
ONLINE Adult Makers
Every Third Friday
Mid-month Monday Lunch with the Librarians
Done for the summer!
Library Book Club
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 pm
A New Theme Every Month
Books, Movies, Magazines and More!
Tails and Tales
Monday, June 7, to Saturday, July 31
Programs for all ages!
Click for more information.
Activities & Events Blog
Get details for all our events. Join us for friendship and fun!
Time to learn how to make waste canvas cross stitch critters! Materials needed are: - Waste canvas/mesh, 6x6" - Animal patterns - Needle - 5 safety pins - Embroidery floss, 5 colors w/3 strands (white, black, warm brown, bright pink, and dark red) - Material to...
Adult Summer Reading Explore Tails and Tales at the Library this summer by researching animals in all their habitats. Each time you complete a “Research Area” by reading 1000 pages of your choice, bring your log into the Library for a small reward. If you successfully...
Library Appreciation Week is on its way, and we've got some great things planned. Peeps Diorama Contest! Submit a book-themed potato and Peeps diorama by 5 p.m. April 2 to be considered for a prize. Potatoes and Peelers During Library Appreciation Week (April 4-10),...
Regency Ball and Concert Friday, February 26, Via YouTube If you just finished learning the dance steps, we know you’ll want to try them out. Have an intimate ball in your living room as our trio plays tunes from the era. If you’re not a dancer, think of it as a cozy...
Find all our posts in the Adult Blog
Friday, June 18
Make some Waste Canvas Critters!
Pick up your Take n’ Go kit of supplies beginning Monday, June 14, and then watch the how-to video on our YouTube channel on Friday, June 18.
Library Book Club
Thursday, June 17, at 6:30 pm at the Library
Come join your fellow community members for a lively discussion of both classic works and modern masterpieces.
Unless otherwise noted, a limited number of book club reading copies will be available for checkout from the circulation desk about a month prior to the meeting.
Our book for June is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Reading copies are available to check out at the Circulation Desk.
We will meet in the Community Room.
May 1-31 (Every month has a new bingo challenge.)
Madison Library’s Brand New Reading Challenge
All ages can play. We have a bingo card for kids 11 and under, and one for teens and adults 12 and older. Read fun new books and audiobooks and win great prizes!
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Read the challenges and pick a bingo line that most appeals to you.
Step 2: Read a book that completes a challenge. Read another. And another.
Step 3: When you are able to cross off 5 squares in a row on the board, bring your sheet in to the Circulation Desk for a prize and an entry in our monthly drawing. We will have a separate drawing for each age group.
Step 4: Keep reading! You can get as many prizes and entries as there are bingos on the board.
For older teens and adults
Most Items Located on the East Side of the Building
We have a wide variety of materials for all you learning and entertainment needs!
Having a hard time finding something? Ask a librarian!
Along with Fiction and Nonfiction we also provide the following materials:
- LARGE PRINT – we have both fiction and nonfiction titles
- AUDIOBOOKS – books on CD
- eBOOKS and eAUDIOS – downloadable from the Libby app on your device
- MUSIC CDs – in a wide variety of genres
- DVDs & BLU-RAYs – these are located in the front lobby
- SPECIALTY COLLECTIONS:
- GRAPHIC NOVELS and COMICS
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE COLLECTION – located next to the Children’s materials
- IDAHO COLLECTION – materials dedicated to books on Idaho. You’ll find specialty books here on the great gem state, biographies, studies on the flora and fauna, local histories, and books by Idaho authors.
- SPECIAL and RARE ITEMS – located in the glass cases. These items do not circulate, but can be read in the library.
- KITS – we have several types of kits:
- ADULT EXPLORATION KITS – like having a college course in a red or yellow bag!
- BOOK CLUB KITS – with several copies of the same book and other education materials; in burgundy bags
- SPEEDY READER KITS – the entire book series in one bag; in pale blue and grey bags
- MAKER KITS – including knitting needles, crochet hooks, and scrapbooking supplies
Potatos & Peeps
April 4th through April 10th
Library Appreciation Week is on its way, and we’ve got some great things planned.
Peeps Diorama Contest!
Submit a book-themed potato and Peeps diorama by 5 p.m. April 2 to be considered for a prize.
Our Lili Databases have something for everyone! Get access to Consumer Reports, Chilton Auto Repair Library, Novelist Plus and so much more!
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2021
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 15 – President’s Day
- March 26 – Staff Development Day
- April 3 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 29-31 – Memorial Day
- July 5 – Independence Day
- September 4-6 – Labor Day
- September 24 – Staff Development Day
- October 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24 – Closing at 5 pm
- November 25-27 – Thanksgiving
- December 24-27 – Christmas
- December 31, 2020 – January 1, 2021 – New Year’s
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658