We are hiring! We are looking for a responsible individual who would love to join our staff. If you are interested, please bring a résumé to the Circulation Desk. Must apply in person.
SET SCHEDULE: **MUST BE AVAILABLE M-F 9am – 1pm or M-F 12pm-4pm and rotating Saturdays**
Page Job Description:
* Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public;
* Cooperates with and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team;
* Empties the book drop and sorts returned items;
* Shelves and maintains proper order of books, magazines, audio/visual material, and related library media;
* Locates requested items;
* Reads shelves for accuracy during shelving duties;
* Assists staff with checking materials for damage;
* Greets and assists patrons in finding library materials, and answers directional and basic information questions, referring them to other staff as necessary;
* Performs any other job-related tasks as requested.
* Computer skills, including word processing and Excel
* Phone and money handling experience.
* Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
* Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
* Stand for a long periods of time.
* Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
15-19 hours per week. No benefits. Open until filled.
The Madison Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2021
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 15 – President’s Day
- March 26 – Staff Development Day
- April 3 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 29-31 – Memorial Day
- July 5 – Independence Day
- September 4-6 – Labor Day
- October 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24 – Closing at 5 pm
- November 25-26 – Thanksgiving
- December 24-27 – Christmas
- December 31, 2020 – January 1, 2021 – New Year’s
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658