Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my library card. Can I still check out books?
Yes, as long as you present photo ID. The name on the ID must match the name on the library account, and you must be the individual pictured in the ID. For example, a wife could not present her husband’s driver’s license to access either of their accounts.
I didn't know my items were due!
During library hours, you may check the due dates of items you have out by calling or coming in to the library, or you may check due dates at any time by accessing your account online through our site or through Library Elf.
If you would like a reminder notice before your items are due, you will need to sign up for a Library Elf account. Unfortunately, the library’s system cannot sent pre-overdue notices.
Books are not due on days the library is closed.
I renewed my items. Why do I still have a fine?
What do I do if an audiobook, CD, or DVD won't work properly?
If you would like to finish watching or listening to the disc, let us know when you turn it in, and we can put a hold on it for you.
The library cannot clean personal discs.
What do I do if a book is damaged?
Do not try to tape, glue, or otherwise mend library materials yourself. We use professional grade materials and special techniques to repair our books.
The library doesn't own the title I'm looking for. What can I do?
Please be aware there are limitations on these privileges based on the type of card you have.
There is a limit of three requests per person per quarter.
How much does it cost to print?
The cost must be $1.00 or more to pay with a debit or credit card.
Do you have a fax machine?
When will the bookstore be open?
The bookstore could always use more volunteers. If you’re interested in helping out, you can fill out the volunteer form here.
The catalog says an item is on the shelving cart. What does that mean?
After an item is returned, our system lists its status as “shelving cart” for 24 hours. The item may still be in the sorting room, it may be on a cart out in the library, or it may already be back on the shelf. Feel free to ask a library employee for help locating the item.
- DVDs end up back on the shelf faster than books.
- Carts are organized by collection, and full carts are placed in the section of the library where they will be shelved (e.g. a cart in YA will have YA books on it).
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2022
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 21 – President’s Day
- April 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 28-30 – Memorial Day
- June 20 – Juneteenth
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 3-5 – Labor Day
- October 1 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23 – Closing at 5 pm
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving
- December 23-26 – Christmas
- December 30-31, 2022 – New Year’s
- January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658