- Weeks 1 & 2: June 7-19: Program sign-ups only; no prizes available yet
- Week 3 & 4: June 21-July 3: Prize 1 available starting June 21
- Week 5 & 6: July 6-17: Prize 2 available starting July 6
- Week 7 & 8: July 19-31: Prize 3 available starting July 19
- Last Day to Sign Up: July 24
- Last Day to Collect Prizes: July 31
You can read ahead of schedule, but prizes won’t be available until their release date. If you miss a week, you can collect it the next time.
For example, if you come in July 6, and haven’t gotten any prizes yet, you can pick up prize number 1 and 2. If you’ve read past that point, and are ready for prize 3, you’ll have to wait until July 19 to get that next prize.
Prizes will be available any time after their first availability date until July 31, while supplies last.
NO PRIZES AFTER JULY 31
Summer STEM for Kids and Tweens
Sponsored by the Idaho Commission for Libraries and the Idaho STEM Action Center
This summer, we’ll be doing video crafting focusing on STEM activities. Our Kids and Tween STEAM Activity Blog will have links to videos with the instructions and demonstrations for each craft activity.
You can come by and pick up a Take n’ Go STEM bag with all supplies needed for the activity. These bags will be available on the first Monday of each week. We only have a limited number of these, so once they’re gone, they’re gone! We’ve included the lists of supplies for each craft in case you don’t get one of the Take n’ Go bags. That way, you may use your own supplies and follow along with our videos.
Earn a gorilla!
Fill out our online form and upload a photo of your child doing one of our Summer STEM activities from June 15 through July 27. Then come to the Children’s Reference Desk and talk to a librarian to take one of the gorillas in the children’s area home! 1 per child while gorillas last.
ALL THE GORILLAS HAVE BEEN TAKEN! Thanks for all those who participated!
STEM Activities for June:
June 15 Binary Code Painting
June 22 Outdoor Art Kit
June 29 Toothbrush Critters
STEM Activities for July:
July 6 Food Web Puzzle Game
July 13 Exploding Soap
July 20 UV Sensitive Animal Building Challenge
July 27 Animal Coding Game
AGES 9 TO 11
See You in 2022!
Each year, from June through July, we host Summer Reading. The 2021 Summer Reading Theme was “Tails and Tales.”
All participants completed reading challenges at their own pace. We had weekly book club, story times, & craft programs. Because of cornovirus, we had Grab-n-Go bags with all the supplies for the crafting, with How-To videos on our YouTube channel. We were able to have all other programming in the library building.
Our 2022 Summer Reading theme will be “Oceans of Possibilities” and should prove to be just as fun! We look forward to having programs in the library again. Watch this page for more details.
Thank You to Our Summer Reading Sponsors
These amazing businesses and organizations donated almost $68,000 to make our 2021 Summer Reading possible. We appreciate their support of literacy in our community!
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Closures in 2021
- January 1 – New Year’s
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- February 15 – President’s Day
- March 26 – Staff Development Day
- April 3 – Closed for Maintenance
- May 29-31 – Memorial Day
- July 5 – Independence Day
- September 4-6 – Labor Day
- September 24 – Staff Development Day
- October 2 – Closed for Maintenance
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24 – Closing at 5 pm
- November 25-27 – Thanksgiving
- December 24-27 – Christmas
- December 31, 2020 – January 1, 2021 – New Year’s
73 North Center
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
We are located on Center Street, just north of Main Street, by the Historic Rexburg Tabernacle.
24 Hour Phone Renewal: (208) 356-6658